It’s never too late to get the smile you have always wanted. In fact, 1 out of every 3 of our patients is an adult! Orthodontic treatment has never been easier since we invest in state-of-the-art, efficient brackets that are the most polished braces available, ensuring a maximum level of comfort. We have experience treating people from age 8 to 88, and the doctors stay up to date on all the latest techniques so we can provide options no matter what conditions are present in the mouth (spaces between teeth, missing teeth, severe crowding, etc.). In fact, both Dr. Anderson and Dr. Moopen are members of the Central Florida Occlusal Study Club, which is a specialized association of general dentists and dental specialists who work together to plan treatment for complex cases. Even in cases that are simple, the doctors spend their time planning details from the beginning, ensuring that treatment progresses as smoothly as possible.
Why do adults consider orthodontic treatment?
Adults today are getting treatment for a number of reasons. At Anderson and Moopen Orthodontics our patients vary from those who have had braces as a child and are looking to touch up their smile to others are seeking treatment for the first time.
For an adult seeking treatment for the first time, some factors leading to this decision are:
- They may have difficulty chewing due to a bad bite or malocclusion, where teeth don’t align properly
- Their teeth are too crowded or spaced too widely apart, which can lead to greater tooth decay or gum disease
- They want a healthier mouth and more confident smile
What kind of treatment options are available for adults?
Many adults have already had traditional metal braces in the past and would now like to wear customized, comfortable, and even invisible appliances. Our office offers many types of braces to fit your lifestyle and your needs:
- Metal braces
- Invisible braces
- Ceramic braces
- Lingual (behind the tooth) braces
Why should adults consider orthodontic treatment?
- Having straight teeth helps to keep your teeth healthy. If your teeth are in the correct position, they easier to floss and brush. Being able to properly clean your teeth means that you are less likely to have gum disease.
- It’s a confidence builder. The right orthodontic treatment will give you a better quality of life and helps bring confidence to your smile.
- Untreated problems can get worse. Leaving teeth uncorrected can lead to several long-term problems, including uneven wear on teeth.
If you’d like to hear more about adult orthodontic treatment, give us a call today. We have two convenient locations in Orlando and Lake Nona. We’ll work around your schedule when setting your appointments and make this process as convenient as possible.